I love looking at recipes. I look at hundreds of recipes and pictures of food daily and I’m always adding to my laundry list of new things to cook, but sometimes I feel that if I don’t write them down I won’t get to them. So below are a few food “to-do’s” for July.
1. Make homemade ice cream with new peanut butter that I found in Madison – Go nuts! Yumbutters
2. Try at least one new recipe a week with the majority of the ingredients from the recipe being in season and locally found.
3. Start eating more salads. I’m not a big fan of salads, so start being more creative on how to spice up the traditional salad that everyone thinks about.
4. Use more fresh cilantro. Use more fresh herbs in general.
5. Go to a farm at least once a month until harvest season is over. Go strawberry picking in July. Raspberry picking in August… Visit some dairy farms and cheese producers.
6. Eat less meat. Eat less bread. Eat more veggies. I need to keep reminding myself this. I guess this can go along with numero in this list.
7. Finish at least four of the books in my summer reading list. I like reading, but I don’t often get that much time to sit down and do it. Make the time!